Sunday 30 September 2012

Running for a cause.

Here's a first! 

Since I started running, it's been all about me.   I want to be healthier, I want to get fit, I want to look and feel better.  That's why most people change their habits and lifestyle.  Today however, I ran for a cause. 

Cars, Stop! We're trying to stop Breast Cancer!
This is The Pas' equivalent to the Run for the Cure.  Personally I raised about $200 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.  There were people there who raised thousands. In total, $8197 was raised.   Almost 50 people showed up in support of the cause to walk, run, bike and be awesome.

A beautiful day to beat down breast cancer.




It felt really great to do this run.  5km is pretty far (I swear it felt longer than that...), but when it comes down to it, that's nothing when you consider what those with breast cancer go through each day.    To be a part of helping a great cause feels good, plus it's bonus exercise.  



Fall has definitely arrived in the last few days here in The Pas, though it hasn't been cold.  In my opinion, the conditions for running were basically perfect.  Sunshine, about 15 degrees (Celsius), and a lot of wind.   The wind is awesome this time of year, it really helps you keep cool while the sun beams down on you. and today, the wind was pretty wicked: 


What a lovely action shot... I swear my hair isn't a mohawk, that's the wind's fault (and yes, I realize my legs are still super white and summer just ended - I have a job, it's indoors ok?!?!). 
But seriously,  I just want to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone who donated to me for this run.  You are amazing, and don't forget it.  

I really feel like I'm getting in better shape every day, and I may just have to take on a few more charity runs in the future!  





No comments:

Post a Comment