Monday 22 April 2013

Playing Cinderella (with my nail polish)

I wish I had a full size costume so I could just BE Cinderella (or any other Disney Princess for that matter), but since the Princess Workshop is for children only (the NERVE),  this will have to do.

My latest nail polish purchase:

"A Brush With Fate"
I'm not going to lie to you,  I went to Sephora and begged one of the sales reps to find this for me, even though it was special edition and discontinued.  I was a little late... (ps. They have "Jasmine" ones now!)

I went through and tried each of the colours and thought I'd do a little review for you.

First off, I visited space... or at least I felt like I should have with this silver, labelled "So Totally Enchanted".

Astronauts can talk like valley girls who want to be princesses, right?

I had that on for a few days with a Nicole by OPI top coat and it kept well, just the odd chip, similar to other OPI colours.  I find that the Sephora by OPI sets are just as good.

Now, instead of doing a full set of each colour, I decided to try out all the rest at once!

Sparkles really DO NOT photograph well.
Pointer Finger - "I Blue My Curfew" - A very pretty dark blue with sneaky sparkles.  Reminds me of the night sky when there's Ice Crystals (you know you're Canadian when you use this description)
Middle Finger -  "Bibbidi Bobbidi Pink" - Straight up pink confetti.  It's gorgeous and fun!  Perfect for a girls night. 
Ring Finger - "Self-Maid Millionaire" - Talk about your money polish.  This gold is contained enough to be classy, yet still shiny with a laid back sparkle.  Would look fabulous with a black and white ensemble.
Pinky Finger -  "Rags to Rhinestones" - All that glitters is gold eh?  These gold flecks are shiny, brilliant and statement-making. 
Thumb - "Step Off, Sister!" - What is it about silver and blue sparkles that's so whimsical?  This polish IS the magic from the fairy godmother's wand.  It's also wicked distracting as I type this ...OOHHH SHINY!

All hilariously punny names.  Thank you OPI, for the giggles and nail colour.

I truly feel like a princess, on my left hand, so now it's time to feel like a scientist!

EXPERIMENTS!

Seriously, sparkles ruin photos, or maybe I'm just a terrible photographer (probably the latter)
Pinky finger - The two gold shades (the solid with the sparkles on top) aka "Self-Maid Millionaire" with "Rags to Rhinestones" on top.  I feel like Beyonce in Goldmember.  I wonder if I could pull off the 'fro... No, No I couldn't.

Ring finger - Gold & Pink flecks aka "Self-Maid Millionaire" with "Bibbidi Bobbidi Pink" on top.  For some reason this reminds me rose petals and champagne.   It's quite pretty.

Middle finger - Silver with Pink flecks aka "So Totally Enchanted" with "Bibbidi Bobbidi Pink" on top.  If you're a fan of metallics - do this combination.  It's like shiny, metal confetti.

Pointer finger - Silver with Silver & Blue flecks - aka "So Totally Enchanted" with "Step Off Sister" on top.  This would be a great nail for a New Years Eve or Winter look.  The colours are perfect for that "I'm not allowed to celebrate denominational holidays so I decorated in Silver and Blue" look.  So PC.

Thumb - Blue with Silver & Blue flecks - aka "I Blue My Curfew" with "Step Off Sister" on top.  The blue undertone sets off the silver and blue sparkles really strikingly.  I'm not American, but if I celebrated 4th of July, I'd do this nail and find a Red Sparkle to add to it.

My Cinderella/Frankenstein nails are complete.  I will leave them mismatched for a few days until I get bored and try something new.  Until then... SPARKLE SPARKLE!


There we have a princess' tail of pretty nails.  No prince needed.

I.AM.A.PRINCESS. (and that's what I'll keep telling myself)


And my nails lived happily ever after. The End.  (yeah, I went there)

No comments:

Post a Comment