Monday 18 March 2013

Au Revoir and Thanks For The Cake!

The end of my Northern Manitoba chapter is near.  I have officially done my final on air shift at CJ1240 in The Pas, and after a few days of paperwork at the station, I will be hitting the road for Penticton, BC. 

It's been a wild three years with Arctic Radio and I have learned a lot.  I'd like to profusely thank the company for giving me my first opportunity in the industry and really teaching me so much more than I could have ever hoped for.   Starting out as an announcer in Thompson, Manitoba was the scariest/greatest thing I've done to this point in my life.   Not everyone can start there, become a music director, and work up to a program director's post in less than 2 years.  The help I had to get there and the things I was taught about programming and station operations will be carried with me through my career. 

I've also met some wonderful people and made some fantastic friends along the way.  I am truly thankful for everyone who I've come in to contact with and everyone who has given me opportunities to host events, or even have other jobs along the way (Blockbuster video employee, Karaoke Host, DJ).  It hasn't always been the smoothest road, but the experience has been invaluable. 

I will miss everyone I've grown to know and love here, and I am super excited for what the next chapter will bring me with Astral Media.  

I will still have this blog too.  The internet moves with you, it's crazy yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment