Wednesday 19 February 2014

My First Medi-Facial

If you need to relax and you've never had a real facial, get one.  Seriously, it's life-changing.

Today, for the first time ever, I had a real facial.   It was a "Medi-Facial" from Penticton Laser and Skin Clinic.  
www.laserandskin.ca
There was a whole lot more to it than I expected.  The medi-facial was a full hour long and was quite a process.  The nice thing about the process is that I didn't have to do anything but just lie back and relax while Deanne took care of the rest.
I tried really hard not to fall asleep while listening to a smooth-jazz, piano version of "Happy Together" and lying down under a blanket. Luckily, I stayed awake. First things first, my makeup was removed then it was time to begin!

Here are the steps of a medi-facial:

1. Cleanse - Deanne used a two step cleanser to clean the skin.
2. Tone
3. Exfoliate - This was two steps: a manual exfoliant with jojoba beads (I learned this is not pronounced with j's but with h's. Weird.). This was followed by an enzyme peeling mask.
4. Extracts/Concentrates/Serums are then applied to the skin for your specific skincare needs with little brushes.   It's like your face is being painted, and it was hard not to giggle (seriously ticklish).
5.This is followed by a vitamin mask
I swear I'm not normally this pale...
6. Alga Base Mask - This was much thicker, kind of looked like some slime from Ghostbusters and peeled off all in one piece. 
Just like the movies!  All that's missing is cucumbers. 
7. Moisturizer - to lock it all in
8. Makeup - After everything was done, Deanne dusted on a light layer of Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup and sealed it with a hydrating spray.

In between some of the steps, there was also pressure point massage. This included a scalp massage like you'd get at the salon (just without the hair-wash) and it was truly calming.  A part of the process was also an arm and shoulder massage.  It's truly peaceful and you're bound to drift off a bit.  After all the steps, I didn't want to get up.  I could have lied there forever. 

Here's the before and after:
Before
After
 Overall, it was a super relaxing experience and the atmosphere was perfect and rejuvenating.  My skin definitely looks and feels more hydrated, and Deanna gave me some great skin care tips going forward.  Personally, I need to start exfoliating regularly (at least once a week) and keep drinking lots of water.  Those are two tips anyone can use to keep their skin clear. 
Here's the arsenal that was used.
Though it was a lengthy process, it was definitely worth it.  You can check out their website for details.  They recommend a series of 6 Medi-Facials, one facial 1-2 times per week if you have specific concerns or just for maintenance of skin health, have one every 4 -6 weeks.

I might just be hooked.  You can go to www.laserandskin.ca for more info!

If you are a Sun Worshipper (a fan of 97.1 Sun FM) you can enter to win 6 facials at www.sunonline.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment