Tuesday 16 October 2012

Change of Seasons

Fall is officially here, and halfway gone (it's much shorter in the North)


These trees are along highway 10 just outside of The Pas.  They are gorgeous, and somehow trees with needles that go orange. It's wild to me.  The colours make it a beautiful time to be outside, but the temperature is also just right for outdoor activity. 

This evening I went out for a run for the first time in almost 2 weeks.  Normally I'd be pissed off for missing so much time, but I had a wicked nasty cough/cold.  (okay, I'm still a little pissed...)

I gotta tell ya,  starting again is the WORST.  Your running pace is slower, it's harder to breathe and it kind of makes you hate life for 20 minutes.  But the burn is always worth it.  There's always a sense of accomplishment afterwards (immediately followed by the need to shower).

It's also the perfect time to run outdoors right now.  It's crisp so you don't overheat and the air is clear with the promise of Winter.   We'll see if Winter is still my favourite season after I run through it...

Looks like a safe surface to run on right?

No comments:

Post a Comment