Thursday 18 October 2012

Insanity!

I wish my name was punny enough to be joined with insanity, it would explain my day today.   Unfortunately, I'm not Justin Lin.  (sigh).  I'll find a way to get over it (maybe). <--- I know this is terrible, but I had to write it.

----

The day started out like any other.   I got up, drank coffee and ate breakfast.  (Thrilling routine right?)  That of course, was followed by a full day of work.  My new employee was on air live for the first time and did well (and...exhale).  All of this is typical.  After the work day ended, the fun began.

Recently, my pal Kelly and I started a podcast called Pop Culture Punch!  Today was another prep and record day - the new ep will be up soon!

From there I hopped across the street to Sweatshop Boxing for the first time in a long time (the same 2 weeks I didn't run for thanks to illness...ugh).   Running was nothing compared to a Fitness Boxing Class.

This is all you see when you come down the stairs again and again.
Between the skipping, lunges, pushups, sprawls and punch combinations, I, along with everyone in the room were just dripping with sweat.   It was really a lovely sight.  Class had another new order of doing things (it's literally different every time) and just one water break.  No one collapsed, it just felt a little deathy, so SUCCESS!!!

(pssttt... If you're in The Pas,  these classes are literally the hardest workout you can do - it's great)

You'd think that after this I'd be pretty tired right?   Sorta, but not as much as I'd anticipated.  because of this, I came home, had a little dinner, relaxed for about an hour then decided to go for a 3.5km run, in the pouring rain with 40km/hr winds and giant puddles on the sidewalk.   It was awesome.  I got soaked.  There's nothing more refreshing than a run in the rain and it's nostalgic of my soccer playing days back home.   That last sentence made me feel old, wow.

In summation, my crazy life is still crazy, but I'm back to exercising and it's full steam ahead. 

Also, once I got home from the run, I decided I'd reached insanity and took a loooonnnggg shower.   It was glorious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment