Friday 30 March 2012

New Responsibilites!

Okay, time to admit it.  I'm new.  Not completely, but to being a program director anyway.   Three months ago I was promoted from just announcer (okay and music director and producer) to being in charge of the "on air sound" of a station.  With great power comes great responsibility (insert cheesy spiderman joke here).    But seriously, today is a big day.  I'm training my new hire to Voice Track.  For those of you who aren't in "the biz", voice tracking is the way we say "pre-recording the talky parts on the radio".  She's never been on air before and she's only had me to shadow, so really, it's a bit nerve wracking.    I'm not worried about the quality of her work.  She's excited and wants to do well!  It's more of a question of "have I given her the tools she needs to succeed?".   But just look at this face, I should have no worries...
 Best of luck to you on your first shift Ashley!  CJ1240 is happy to have you!

If you want to listen to the station I'm somewhat in charge of you can stream it here
It's a mix of new and old basically. Pop, rock, an evening country show and a light peppering of classic rock tunes.  

It should be interesting to see how things work out!  More pop culture stuff is sure to come soon!  

Feel free to comment and share, I'd love some feedback!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment